1. Types of Information Collected On The Site And Method of Collection
A. General Information Collection
- By Site Requirement. You will be required to provide Personally Identifiable Information in the following circumstances:
- To register as a member of the POCKETWIZARD blog (“Blog”) you will be required to provide a user name that you create and a personal, active e-mail address to Auttomatic Inc. (“Auttomatic”), the company which hosts the Blog through its website at WordPress.com.
- To register your product on the Site you will be required to provide your name, address, e-mail address, date the product was purchased, country from which the product was purchased, product name, and product model and serial number.
- If you send a message or inquiry to LPA you will be required to provide your e-mail address.
- By User’s Voluntary Submission. You may voluntarily provide Personally Identifiable Information in the following circumstances:
- If you register a product on the Site, you may choose to provide your company name, job position, or telephone number.
- If you send a message or inquiry to LPA, you may choose to provide your name and telephone number, or other Personally Identifiable Information in your message or inquiry.
C. Information on Children
LPA does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. Product registration and Site usage is not intended for people under the age of 13. If LPA learns that it has Personally Identifiable Information on a child under the age of 13, LPA will delete that information from its systems. LPA encourages parents and guardians to monitor children’s online usage. Parental control protections, such as computer hardware, software or filtering services, are commercially available to limit the access to material that is harmful to minors.
2. How Information Collected On The Site Is Used By LPA
The information collected by and through the Site is owned solely by LPA and may be used, in whole or in part, by LPA and its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, and other entities that may be involved in the operation of this Site. The third parties that LPA shares Personally Identifiable Information with and the use of that information by such third parties is discussed more fully in Sections 3 and 4.
LPA may use the information collected by and through this Site, individually or in an aggregate form, as follows:
- to evaluate products and services LPA could offer to you;
- to monitor or improve use of the Site;
- to track products that you have purchased;
- to track your product warranties, service requests, repairs, and technical support inquiries;
- to send you product update bulletins for products that you have purchased; and
- to respond to inquires you send to LPA.
The Site, LPA, and/or a subsidiary or division of LPA may be sold along with its assets, or other transactions may occur in which your Personally Identifiable Information is one of the business assets transferred. In such a case, your Personally Identifiable Information, which LPA has collected, may be one of the business assets LPA transfers.
LPA reserves the right to disclose the information collected by and through this Site, including your Personally Identifiable Information, as required by law and when LPA believes that such disclosure is necessary (i) to protect LPA’s rights, a third party’s rights, or the rights of the public at large; or (ii) to comply with a judicial proceeding, subpoena, court order or other legal process served on LPA. The disclosure of this information may be without notice to you.
3. With Whom LPA Shares Information Collected On This Site
LPA may share the Personally Identifiable Information collected by and through this Site with its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, and entities that may be involved in the operation of this Site. LPA does not sell, rent, or transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to any other third parties, except as otherwise provided in Section 2. Some of LPA’s subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, and entities involved in the operation of the Site may be located outside of your homecountry. By using LPA’s Site, you consent to the transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information to these parties.
4. How Information Shared By LPA Is Used By Its Distributors
5. Security And Encryption
LPA does use SSL/TLS encryption technology to secure Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to LPA on the Site. As a result, Personally Identifiable Information that you submit to the Site will be secure. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required. The servers and databases for the Site that contain Personally Identifiable Information are stored in a physically secure and climate controlled off-site facility. We protect against data loss by backing-up data, performing consistency checks, and restricting access to information on our servers and in our databases. It is important to remember that whatever you transmit or disclose online can be collected and used by others or unlawfully intercepted by third parties.
6. Third Party Links
7. EU GDPR Compliance
The LPA Data Privacy Officer can be contacted directly, by using our main Contact Form or the contact information at the end of this policy, regarding any of the following:
- Requests for personal information held by LPA regarding a personally identifiable EU citizen by that citizen.
- Requests for removal of any personally identifiable information by the EU citizen who owns the information.
When contacting the LPA Data Privacy Officer, please state the nature of your inquiry/request and provide contact information so we can return the result of your inquiry/request.
8. Notification Of Changes
Gary Brown (Data Privacy Officer)
Lab Partners Associates, Inc.
21 Gregory Drive, Suite 150
South Burlington, VT 05403
Telephone: (802) 658-0038
Facsimile: (802) 658-6125
Last Revised 06/20