The E Release is an easy and inexpensive upgrade that dramatically extends the range, enhances reliability, and expands the features of your existing PocketWizard radios.
With an E Release Firmware upgrade, your radios will:
- Send and receive signals with greater reliability.
- Get more than double the range of legacy firmware for remote camera(s) and/or off-camera flash(es).
- Pair your PocketWizards with the revolutionary Raven from Fusion TLC.
- Use Quad Zone Triggering available with all 32 Channels, instead of just 16.
- All use the same, single Channel system.
PLEASE READ IMPORTANT NOTES BELOW BEFORE PURCHASING E RELEASE FIRMWARE.
- When you upgrade a PocketWizard radio to the E Release, it uses a different frequency and can only communicate with other radios that have also been upgraded to the E Release.
- You will need at least 2 radios with E Release Firmware. Each radio requires its own firmware license.
- This license is for a CE frequency (Europe, Asia and Oceania) Transceiver. If your radio says “FCC” on the label, please purchase an FCC license instead.
Important License Information:
- Please make sure you enter your email address correctly at checkout. The license(s) will be assigned to that email address.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from “PocketWizard Shop” with further instructions. Note: it may take up to 24 hours for the license(s) to be available. If you are purchasing physical products in addition to the licenses, the licenses will not be available until the products are shipped.
- The upgrade is completed through the PocketWizard Utility via a USB connection with a computer, either a PC or Mac. It cannot be done on a smartphone or tablet.
- You will need a mini B to USB data cable for the upgrade.
- Installing E Release Firmware requires an active internet connection.
- An upgrade must be purchased for each radio and will be assigned to the radio’s serial number upon installation. Once assigned, it is non-transferable.
- E Release enabled (licensed) radios can be up/down-graded between E Release and Legacy Firmware at any time.