The E Release is an easy and inexpensive upgrade that dramatically extends the range, enhances reliability, and expands the features of your existing PocketWizard radios.
With an E Release Firmware upgrade, your radios will:
- Send and receive signals with greater reliability.
- Get more than double the range of legacy firmware for remote camera(s) and/or off-camera flash(es).
- Pair your PocketWizards with the revolutionary Raven from Fusion TLC.
- Use Quad Zone Triggering available with all 32 Channels, instead of just 16.
- All use the same, single Channel system.
PLEASE READ IMPORTANT NOTES AND CHECK CAMERA COMPATIBILITY CHART BEFORE PURCHASING E RELEASE FIRMWARE.
- When you upgrade a PocketWizard radio to the E Release, it uses a different frequency and can only communicate with other radios that have also been upgraded to the E Release.
- You will need at least 2 radios with E Release Firmware. Each radio requires its own firmware license.
- This license is for an FCC frequency (North, Central, or South America) Transceiver. CE frequency (Europe, Asia, Oceania) E Release Licenses for PowerMC2 are not available at this time.
Important License Information:
- Please make sure you enter your email address correctly at checkout. The license(s) will be assigned to that email address.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from “PocketWizard Shop” with further instructions.
- The upgrade is completed through the PocketWizard Utility via a USB connection with a computer, either a PC or Mac. It cannot be done on a smartphone or tablet.
- You will need a mini B to USB data cable for the upgrade.
- Installing E Release Firmware requires an active internet connection.
- An upgrade must be purchased for each radio and will be assigned to the radio’s serial number upon installation. Once assigned, it is non-transferable.
- E Release enabled (licensed) radios can be up/down-graded between E Release and Legacy Firmware at any time.